Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mom reporting in for the girls!

Hi, this is Ellen reporting in for Sara nad Katie. They are unable to post right now and are searchng for another option but until then I am posting a brief update for them. They have settled in and gotten their "assignment." They will be working in the mornings during the weekdays at IEICA, a school that our family had contact with when we were there three years ago. They will be helping the kindergarten through second graders with ther english and other subjects. Most of the children are orphans or living with extended family members. They hope to work with another orphanage in the afternoons, but details are still being worked out for that. And I will end with a message from Katie..."This week has been great. I"m settling in more and having a blast. Public transportation isn't that bad, actually pretty fun and a great way to experience the culture once you know a few names of the stops. Sleeping has been tough, and for now that's my main prayer request. I haven't been too tired during the day but it's really difficult to get to sleep at night and frustrating to be up really late. But overall it's been amazing. I'm so glad I'm here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment